Thursday, July 1, 2010

thinking too much

I've decided thinking too much is a bad thing. Must stay calm.
Two weeks of work left.

PANIC PANIC PANIC

I still have no idea how to imagine Cambodia in my mind. I have yet to conjure up a mental image of what it will be like to be there. Consequently, right now thinking about the future means thinking about grad school in two or three years or maybe a vacation to the Philippines. That plane in two 1/2 weeks might as well be taking me into a black hole.

2 comments:

  1. I never comment while reading blogs from pc wiki but I completely relate to your post. I spent last summer in Cambodia as an intern at an ngo and I miss it. I too had no mental image of it before heading there, but I think it was a good thing. it made every new sight a learning experience and helped me be more confident.

    good luck in cambodia! :) if you want, this is a newspaper based in PNP in english
    http://www.phnompenhpost.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think the excitement and novelty of everything will help ease some of the transition hardships. I've even been to Cambodia briefly before many years ago and loved it, so I'm thrilled with my placement.

    ReplyDelete