Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In which I utterly fail to stay calm

After yesterday's cryptic email, well, I was something of a lost cause at being patient and keeping sane. From what I've read, usually Invitations are sent the day of or the day after the PC placement people ask a question like that. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the afternoon checking in on my online profile to see if there had been any updates. I checked around the close of business and again before I went to bed. Of course I couldn't sleep. I was wide awake at 2am, imagining opening that coveted blue invitation packet...

Now, I knew that the "Application Status Update" emails always arrive at 5 or 6am, but I figured if the status wasn't changed at the end of business yesterday, there wouldn't be any updates. Apparently the system is updated overnight, though, because when I (all too calmly, had I known there was any possibility of something being there) opened gmail this morning, there it was - one more (final?) Application Status Update. When I logged in to the PC website, instead of the normal page, I was greeted by this gem:



My Application Status now looks like this:



That means the piece of paper telling me where I'm going to be spending the next 27 months of my life is officially in existence and on its way to me. Luckily, being in DC, it should arrive shortly. After 8 months, the wait is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment