Saturday, August 21, 2010

Word of the week

My favorite word this week: playch chung. Playch means ‘to forget’ and playch chung as a phrase means something roughly akin to ‘oh man, I totally forgot, my bad.’ I learned this on Tuesday and proceeded to use it immediately in a variety of very important scenarios. Act I, Scene I: Kaitlin is trying to help her host mom cook dinner, like she does every night. We are having for the second time this week a half-vegetable half-herb that smells very fragrantly terrible when cooking but tastes yummy. Kaitlin has to ask for the umpteenth time what the name of it is. “Playch chung.” Act I, Scene II: Kaitlin’s language teacher asks her to report back on the homework assignment for last night – to ask a family member a few particular questions. Oh no! “Playch chung!” Act II, Scene I (the finale): Kaitlin’s family has finished eating dinner and is sitting casually chatting about the day. They start to look at Kaitlin expectantly. See, Kaitlin usually takes her second shower of the day (Why doesn’t she take three? That silly foreigner.) before dinner, but today she was busy helping to cook. Now they are trying to gently say, “Kaitlin, dear, we’re sorry, but you’re starting to smell. Please go throw a few buckets of water on your head.” Ahhh. “Playch chung.”
~The end~

1 comment: